Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
Outdated browsers can expose your computer to security risks. To ensure a secure experience, we recommend updating to the latest browser version. Support for this browser version will soon be discontinued.
RESEARCH CONSENT FORM
Please read and complete before moving on.
1. You are invited to take part in a scientific study conducted by Dr. Amanda Diekman in the Department of Psychology at Miami University. Questions or concerns about this study may be directed to Dr. Diekman (
). Questions or concerns regarding your rights as a participant may be directed to the Office for the Advancement of Research and Scholarship (513-529-3600,
). This study has been approved by the Miami University Institutional Review Board.
2. The purpose of this research is to examine your performance and attitudes on career-relevant variables. In this research, you will be asked to complete a sequence of tasks, including verbal tasks (such as writing or reading), analytical tasks (such as math or logic), and/or ratings of your attitudes toward different career options. Completion should take no more than 20 minutes.
3. Participation in this research poses no known risks. You are free to discontinue participation in the study at any time without penalty or loss of benefits. You may also freely decline to answer any of the questions asked of you.
4. The responses that you provide today will be kept completely confidential. In addition, the researcher will never identify you personally in any report of this research. Within these restrictions, results of the study will be made available to you upon request. We also encourage you to use commonsense precautions typical of Internet use (e.g., make sure that your browser is closed when you leave your computer).
5. The responses you provide today are being collected with online survey software that is designed to secure your data and provide you with confidentiality. Nevertheless, despite these safeguards, there is always a remote possibility of hacking or other security breaches that could compromise the confidentiality of the information you provide. Thus, you should remember that you are free to decline to answer any question that makes you uncomfortable for any reason.
6. Your participation in this study does not guarantee any beneficial results.
By clicking the 'I agree' button on this form I am hereby granting my consent for inclusion in this study. I am also verifying that I have read this Information Form for this project and am aware that my participation is voluntary. I am aware that I may decline to answer any questions, and I have been given the opportunity to ask any questions that I may have about the project. I am also verifying that I am at least 18 years of age or older.
Please click the 'I disagree' button if you disagree with the above statements or are younger than 18 years old.
Survey Powered By